Associate Information Assurance Engineer Ref. 639
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Flexible working patterns will be considered.
Do you want to work in a creative environment? Like to challenge your analytical skills? Enjoy developing solutions to improve outcomes?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you'll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You'll bring your technical skills to maintain and enhance an industry leading Security Information and Events Management (SIEM) toolset. You may not know all of the details yet, but you soon will.
No two days will be the same, one day you could be configuring connections to systems of interest, the next you could be liaising with key stakeholders to ensure that their requirements are captured and met.
To assure compliance with the National Security Policies, you'll actively monitor and analyse the behaviours and patterns of the systems and users. You will be ensuring that our SIEM toolset is collecting, processing and analysing data from a wide variety of sources across the IT infrastructure.
You'll be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who'll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications - we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC's and apply here...
More about you
You will already have:
• A proven understanding of IT Security and Information Assurance.
• Recognised experience writing basic SQL queries to extract and manipulate data.
• An evident understanding of Linux Operating Systems, including basic maintenance and administration.
To strengthen your application, you will also have one or more of the following:
• Established knowledge and experience of using a corporate Security Incident and Event Management Tool e.g. ArcSight.
• Known experience of working within a protective monitoring department or in a security context.
• Proven experience of using regular expressions for pattern matching and extracting data.
Your personal skills
You will be the type of person who will:
• Set an example in high standards and values to others, show integrity and professionalism.
• Think through issues logically and find appropriate solutions
• Overcome obstacles and see tasks through to completion
• Present confidently and persuasively
• Establish strong working relationships outside the organisation
• Ask appropriate questions to understand customer requirements and concerns
• Show flexibility in adapting to the situation or requirements
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Monitor the SIEM toolset to ensure that data integrity is maintained.
• Diagnose and rectify faults within the toolset.
• Log, investigate, escalate and track any potential security incidents.
• Provide Information Assurance support to security investigations.
• Be the Information Assurance point of contact/SME to assist with new/ongoing projects.
• Configure and maintain connections to systems of interest
What we offer you
Now that we've explained a bit about the role, here's what we can offer you:
• 25 days’ annual leave
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a 1 day course to a distant learning degree. If it's relevant to your career, we will aim to support you
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is pretty competitive
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident- Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Governments communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure.
Discover more and apply here.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.