Associate IT System Engineer Ref. 640
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Flexible working patterns will be considered.
Do you want to make a difference in the UK and around the globe? Like to challenge your technical abilities? Want to improve your technical solutions?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you'll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You'll bring your technical expertise to provide resolutions to faults and improvements to your customer's experience involving both hardware and software for core business solutions in the Application Support Team.
No two days will be the same, one day you could be investigating capacity issues which are impacting the level of service being delivered, the next you could be troubleshooting a high impact issue affecting numerous sites.
Don't know it all yet? Not to worry, you'll be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who'll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications - we invest to be the best.
You'll use your creativity and organisation skills to decide how you want to get the work done, learning new skills along the way to develop your career.
Pull up your SOC's and apply here.
More about you
You will already have:
• A proven experience working on MS Windows Server Operating Systems
• A demonstrable knowledge of Active Directory Administration
To strengthen your application, you'll also have one or more of the following:
• Working experience with Linux
• Proven experience of creating formal design and build documentation
• Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft SQL
Your personal skills
You will be the type of person who will:
• Set an example in high standards and values to others, show integrity and professionalism
• Be open minded and positive about change
• Think creatively and suggest innovative approaches and solutions
• Plan ahead and manage your workload
• Use the most appropriate style and approach for the situation
• Treat everyone with respect
• Build strong relationships with customers
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise as part of a team you will be:
• Involved in the building, testing and implementation of significant system enhancements
• Facilitating increased first-line fix rates
• Involved in large scale Problem investigations
• Investigating performance, capacity, and reliability issues which may impact service availability
• Creating and revising procedural documentation and contributing to low-level designs
• Providing technical input where required using the appropriate method of communication
• Open to share knowledge with your colleagues to elevate the overall support of the system and encourage team ideals
What we offer you
Now that we've explained a bit about the role - here's what we can offer you
• 25 days’ annual leave
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a 1 day course to a distant learning degree. If it's relevant to your career, we will aim to support you
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is pretty competitive
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident: Employer in line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Governments communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure.
Discover more and apply here.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.