Test Analyst Ref. 643
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Flexible working patterns will be considered.
Like to challenge your analytical skills? Enjoy developing solutions to improve outcomes? Want a better work life balance?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you'll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You'll bring your testing knowledge to our expanding agile development teams, ensuring our products continually meet the high standards and security needs of the wider Government departments.
No two days will be the same, one day you could be manually testing the next generation desktop, then you could be automating bespoke rest API's.
You will be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who'll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications - we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC's and apply here...
More about you
You will already have:
• Experience in a Test Management role including writing Test plans, scripts and completion reports
• Broad technical knowledge and understanding in workstation/server solutions
• Experience in accurately presenting information
To strengthen your application, you will also have one or more of the following:
• Experience in the use of automation testing tools
• ITIL familiarisation
• ISTQB or ISEB Certification
Your personal skills
You will be the type of person who will:
• Question assumptions and consider a problem in context
• Plan ahead and involve others in a timely way
• Use the most appropriate style and approach for the situation
• Make sure that problems or issues that might impact on the customer are addressed as soon as possible
• Work cooperatively with others to achieve goals
• Is open minded and positive about change
• Set an example in high standards and values to others, show integrity and professionalism
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Perform work in accordance with SOC policies, processes and procedures
• Perform testing as required to support Project, Changes and Release activities within required timeframes
• Design test cases, create test scripts and identify test data to meet the required objectives as defined in the Project/Request for Change
• Accurately, impartially and concisely interpret and record results, reporting defects
• Generate test reports to detail success/failure of testing performed
• Complete tasks to agreed quality and time
• Ensure that managers are informed of progress and immediately communicate risks to quality and schedule
• Input into the Test plan creation for Projects/Request for Change
• Be responsible for your continued professional development
• Assist with defect investigation and resolution of customer support tickets
What we offer you
Now that we've explained a bit about the role, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days’ annual leave
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is pretty competitive
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Governments communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure.
Discover more and apply here.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.