IT System Integrator Ref. 406
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for an IT System Integrator to join an established growing team.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in a diverse range of hardware and software products. Our IT Department delivers a range of high quality IT services used by a growing number of Government Departments following the ITIL best practice framework .
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual with the chosen skills to become part of the Application Support Team. This team is primarily responsible for the support, maintenance and the development of our core business solutions in line with our technology roadmap.
You will have the chance to mentor less experienced IT System Administrators and share your expertise; you will get to trial cutting edge technologies that are available on the market, working in a dynamic and friendly department. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and decide how you want to get the work done.
We would need you to already have:
• An In-depth knowledge of current versions of MS Windows Server Operating Systems
• Experience with current versions of Microsoft SQL, including High Availability Technologies and Transact SQL (Query Language)
• Working experience with current versions of MS Exchange Server and knowledge of Multi Tenancy configurations.
• Practical knowledge of Print technologies including TCP/IP and IPPS
• Proven experience of customer service delivery in a technical environment from project through to live management
• Proficient in LDAP, MS Active Directory and Group Policies
• Experience with DNS, llS
• Knowledge of supporting .NET Applications
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Knowledge and practical experience using Chrome extensions to customise the browser
• Working involvement and awareness of the ITIL best practice framework
• Practical experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
• Proficient skills in PowerShell
• Experience with Citrix presentation Server and XenApp
• Experience in Linux and Open source products
• Experience of creating formal design and build documentation
• Working knowledge of enterprise virtualization and storage
• Knowledge and practical experience in other scripting Languages (Jscript, VBScript, Bash)
• Office 365 Personal Skills
To work as an IT System Administrator you will be the type of person who:
• Assist and guide others who are less experienced or new to their role
• Question assumptions and consider a problem in context
• Think creatively and generate innovative approaches and solutions
• Plan ahead and involve others in a timely way
• Set clearly defined, realistic objectives and deadlines
• Communicate with credibility to a variety of audiences, inside and outside the organisation
• Create and encourage positive working relationships
• Promote new and flexible ways of delivering services that are responsive to customer needs
• Keep customers informed about progress and the bigger picture as appropriate
• Encourage and enable others to share ideas, to suggest changes and to make improvements
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Represent the organisation at external meetings for specific areas of responsibility (Including technical, policy and service delivery issues)
• Be involved in the building, testing and implementation of significant system enhancements
• Leading and co-ordinating of large scale Problem investigations
• Proactively identifying system performance optimisation opportunities
• Reviewing, revising and creating low-level design documentation
• Providing expert subject matter technical input, including providing team training
• Providing stand in leadership and team support when required
• Owning projects from beginning to end
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Governments communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us' link.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
*Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.