Support Services Team Member Ref. 686
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Surely it’s just engineers and techy types?
Not. Even. Close.
You will join the Support Services team, using your skills and experience to facilitate the efficient running of HMGCC. With your positive, can do approach you’ll work on a variety of tasks including delivery driving, office moves and distributing goods to staff.
Your IT skills will be utilised on our Service Desk system where you’ll receive and respond to staff requests.
You’ll work closely with your team and all staff on site, applying your customer service skills to find out more about their requirements and how you can help.
Don’t worry if you don’t know it all, you’ll be given all the support you need to have the career you want. You can also study towards gaining qualifications.
More About You
You’ll already have:
• A clean driving licence
• Experience using Microsoft Office (including Word/Excel/Outlook)
• Good communication skills
To strengthen your application, it would be beneficial if you have one or more of the following (but these are not essential):
• Warehouse experience
• Manual handling experience
• Forklift licence or willingness to learn
• Office administration experience
• Experience with computerised stock control systems
• Knowledge of Health and Safety
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who:
• Likes to work through problems logically and can draw upon your experience to provide appropriate solutions
• Likes to work on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload, adapting to changing demands as they arrive
• Has excellent communication skills; you will enjoy talking to others to find out what they need, providing advice and guidance on a suitable way forward
• Enjoys working in a small but busy team, supporting each other to achieve goals
• Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, even when you are faced with a challenging situation
• Thrives on change and enjoys working in a busy environment where each day will be different
• Is confident in your ability to do your best, even if under pressure
Putting your skills to use
Using your diverse range of skills within the Support Services team you will:
• Support the administration side of the department including stock control, registry and health and safety
• Undertake physical tasks such as furniture builds/moves and on site deliveries
• Respond to formal service requests and issues arriving from the Service Desk tool in a timely manner in accordance with agreed SLA’s ensuring good communication/liaison with customers as appropriate
• Respond to customer/stakeholder requirements (face to face, written or verbal) in a customer focussed manner
• Be involved in countrywide driving duties to support the needs of HMGCC
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave.
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classis cars or baking, golf or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or BAME. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident – Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more and apply but clicking ‘apply’ below.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.