Product Data Management System Administrator Ref. 688
As the PDM System Administrator, you will apply your knowledge of CAD & PDM (Product Data Management) systems to support our hardware engineering teams to deliver our products and services at pace. Using your skills, you will maintain, develop, and configure the PTC Windchill application and will be responsible for training and supporting the user base. You will be proactively identifying opportunities for continuous improvements within the system that deliver more efficient and effective engineering processes.
The scale of our products varies from small items with only a handful of components that are delivered within days, to large systems with many modules and thousands of components that are developed over many months. You will be working with experts in areas such as electronics, mechanical and RF engineering to help them push new technology into our cutting-edge products.
Your development will be heavily invested in throughout your career with us, with a combination of technical training, mentoring and on the job training all of which will be tailored to you, so you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
More About You
You will already have:
• Proven experience as a PDM system administrator (or similar)
• The ability to develop workflows and configurations based upon business requirements.
• Detailed understanding of database environments
• Excellent communication skills
You will also have one or more of the following:
• HND/ Degree in a related engineering discipline
• Exposure to PCB design and/ or electro-mechanical design principles
• Experienced user of Altium or PTC Creo
• Specific experience of managing a PTC Windchill system
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who:
• Has a high attention to detail, being thorough and concise in your approach.
• Can comfortably communicate with colleagues across multiple departments and disciplines.
• Is skilled at interpreting business need and delivering technical solutions.
• Values contributing to a multi-disciplinary team, keeping others fully informed of the progress in your individual area of responsibility.
Putting your skills to use
Using your diverse range of skills, you will:
• Configure Windchill, Object Initialisation Rules (OIR’s), Lifecycle and Workflow templates, Change Management, Workgroup Manager, and other modules.
• Install, upgrade and re-host Windchill and module software on development and pre-production servers.
• Keep the system compliant with our corporate policies.
• Manage Windchill Visualisation Services (WVS) and CAD Worker configurations.
• Develop custom PTC ThingWorx apps.
• Interface with internal users and external vendors on bugs, fixes, and other issues.
• Develop efficient configuration management processes within the Windchill environment.
• Develop and deliver training material for users.
• Support system administrator tasks as required, including system upgrade, test, validation, and end user support.
• Be proactive in continually improving our processes to accelerate development timescales.
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classis cars or baking, golf, or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Relocation Package*
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or BAME. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
*if you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident – Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more and apply by clicking ‘apply’ below.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.