Novice IT Systems Engineer Ref. 320
HMGCC's IT Service Operations Centre has been incredibly successful 'insourcing' Government IT, leading to growth and service expansion. We now have a great opportunity for a keen individual looking to develop as an IT systems engineer. Development is core to this role and we're looking for someone with the right approach and aptitude.
We provide secure IT shared services to a large number of Government departments, bringing great cost efficiency, but also agility, quality and cyber security. We're serious about developing our staff, with real training and career development opportunities. We believe in promoting a positive working environment, building a culture of openness, sharing and a real work-life balance. We recognise and reward excellence and support creativity and input from all staff. We balance support, integration and development throughout all technical teams and, needless to say, Government IT security is paired with real job security.
Our work isn't about profit; it's about making a real difference.
We would need you to already have:
- Demonstrable understanding of Linux (e.g. CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.)or Microsoft Windows Server (and associated technologies such as llS)
- Familiarity with database technology (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, MSSQL)
- IT troubleshooting experience
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
- Development experience with:
o HTML / CSS
o NodeJS /ExpressJS
- Experience working with or understanding of:
o hypervisor virtualisation (e.g. VMWare)
o container virtualisation technology (e.g. Docker)
o version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Workplace experience with collaborative development/support toolsets (e.g. JIRA)
- Application lifecycle support experience (development, integration, support)
- Network / network services understanding (e.g. forward / reverse proxy servers, DNS)
To work as a Novice Systems Engineer you will be the type of person who:
- Shares knowledge openly and is open to input and ideas
- Is a creative problem solver
- Plans ahead and is able to follow policies and processes
- Is able to explain information in a clear and logical way
- Works collaboratively and respectfully in a technical team
- Is professional when dealing with customer enquiries and issues
- Is keen to learn and develop their own technical understanding
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
- Learn and adopt existing technical services to address related customer issues
- Research and investigate performance, capacity, reliability and usability enhancements
- Provide maintenance support and respond to customer service requests
- Build, test and implement minor systems enhancements
- Create and revise procedural and configuration documentation
- Create and contribute to the development of new web applications
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*Actual value of welcome package dependant on individual’s experience, negotiable with the Recruitment Team. If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note short-listing for this position will not be conducted until after the close date.