Associate Electronics Test Engineer Ref. 620
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for an Associate Electronics Test Engineer to join our growing team. Here you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology, test equipment and techniques.
You'll have the opportunity to work with a diverse product catalogue over a wide range of technologies. You'll liaise directly with customers to understand their requirements, develop appropriate test solutions and conduct a range of lab tests and field trials to determine if products are fit for their intended purpose. Combining elements of Verification and Validation testing, it is certainly no ordinary test engineer role.
The Associate Electronics Test Engineer is an entry level position so it is a great opportunity for someone looking to expand their horizons in test engineering or develop their engineering career in a new direction. We offer a supportive team environment, through which we provide mentoring and coaching. You will also receive training to support your development, which will enable you to progress within the team and wider organisation. We just ask that you are eager to learn and up for a challenge.
Technical and Key Skills
We would need you to already have:
• An HNC or equivalent in Electronics/Communications engineering or related occupational, professional qualification or equivalent experience
• Experience of performing electronics test and measurement
• A full UK car driving licence
• Experience of documenting test results and procedures
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• An HND or equivalent in Electronics/Communications engineering
• Experience of performing test and measurement on RF, cellular, GPS, audio or video products
• Experience of conducting user trials
• Experience of creating or developing test plans
• Experience of technical report writing
To work as an Associate Electronics Evaluation Engineer you will be the type of person who:
• Applies a sound engineering test methodology to their work
• Has good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Enjoys developing your knowledge of a diverse range of technology
• Is capable of planning your work and delivering to deadlines
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Evaluate products to determine if they are fit for their intended purpose
• Understand customer requirements
• Develop appropriate test strategies
• Conduct verification and validation tests
• Perform field trials in representative environments
• Produce accurate and impartial technical reports in plain English
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possiblity of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our community to being a "Disability Confident Employer" we offer the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) To find out more, click the here.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.