Associate PCB Manufacturing Technician Ref. 615
This position is full time, 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for you to join our growing Printed Circuit Manufacturing (PCM) team as a Technician in our new manufacturing facility. Part of your job role, approx. 20%, will be to carry out general duties and offer administration support, but mainly you will have the opportunity to learn a new skill within PCM. We'll give you full training on a variety of different processes and machinery to give your career in PCM the best possible start.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole PCB manufacturing process. You'll create a wide range of printed circuit boards whilst working with a variety of customers.
We would need you to already have:
• Previous experience using Word and Excel
• A proven desire to learn, having demonstrated this in the past 12 months*
• Previous experience in identifying creative solutions to problems*
* can include work or education setting examples
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• 4 GCSE's or equivalent, including science and maths
• An interest in PCB manufacturing and their intended purpose
To work as a PCB manufacturing technician, you will be the type of person who:
• Enjoys working to maintain high standards
• Enjoys coming up with creative solutions to problems
• A motivated desire to learn a new skill
• You enjoy working on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload
• Can quickly adapt to unplanned changes in priorities
• Have excellent communication skills; especially when working under pressure
• Enjoys working in a team and supporting each other to achieve goals
• Seeks out better and more efficient ways to complete your work
• Continually improve how you work and makes suggestions on how to improve our processes
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your diverse range of skills within the PCB manufacturing Team you will:
• Get hands on experience within Printed Circuit Manufacturing
• Able to work in a clean room environment
• Carry out basic machine maintenance and chemical additions (after training)
• Deal with equipment and chemical suppliers to ensure smooth operation of the processes
• Work closely with customers and onsite engineers to provide creative manufacturing solutions
• Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with our procedures, policies and responsibilities common across HMGCC
• Be willing to work (paid) overtime when required and provide out of hours support on a rota basis
• Maintain good standards of housekeeping and cleanliness
• Carry out your job responsibilities with due regard to the equality and diversity principles and practices that the organisation is committed to
Recruitment and Selection Process
If you are successfully shortlisted you will be invited for a technical interview with the hiring manager, a HR and Occupational Psychologist Interview. The 3 interviews will normally take place in a morning or afternoon (approximately 3 hours).
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.