Information Security Manager Ref. 621
This is a full-time role but flexible working patterns will be considered
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you'll lead a team to provide IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You'll be using your existing in depth understanding of Information Security to articulate the need for Cyber Security and compliance, define policy and manage wider security risks.
You'll communicate with a broad spectrum of stakeholders which will occasionally require travel to different locations.
You'll be work within a positive, creative and friendly environment who'll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications - we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC's and apply here...
We would need you to already have:
• Perform risk and compliance reviews on systems/processes
• Develop and maintain information security policies
• Exposure to and maintaining of ISMS (Information Security Management System)
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Experience of implementing and maintaining ISO 27001:2015 ISMS
• Experience of security incident management and investigation
• Lead on security awareness briefings and trainings
To work as an Information Security Manager, you'll be the type of person who:
• Lead and develop a small team
• Ensure the strategy and work of the organisation is robust and inspires confidence
• Take responsibility for adherence to budget and evidence value for money
• Carefully plan and deliver communication to support and enable change
• Promote a sense of community through communications and activities
• Identify and resolve conflicts between customers' priorities
• Creates a flexible environment that enables people to respond effectively to changing demands
Putting your skills to use
• Carry out common role responsibilities on large/higher complexity (medium impact/medium risk) tasks.
• Deliver the required expertise, guidance and advice to Senior Management and Staff on all aspects of personnel, physical and information security. Develop Departmental strategies.
• Provide mentoring and team support within the organisation, focusing on personnel, physical and information security. Manage long-term development, performance and welfare of staff. Set objectives.
• Ensure security policy is correctly selected and presented in organisational activities, paying particular attention to IS027001 and Security Policy Framework (SPF) .
• Develop a collaborative approach with other professionals including partners and suppliers.
• Where necessary provide information security advice and guidance on policy and requirements.
• Ensure sufficient security processes or requirements exist across the organisation and are implemented, maintained, measured and improved to achieve and maintain accreditation.
• Develop the department's approach to the secure implementation of technical solutions, addressing identification and evaluation of the technical risks and their mitigations.
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possiblity of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our community to being a "Disability Confident Employer" we offer the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) To find out more, click the here.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.