Software Developer - Part Time Ref. 463
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for Software Developers to join our growing team.
HMGCC aspires to be the best place you'll ever work - we 'll invest heavily in your career development through technical training programmes, professional accreditation, mentoring and on the job training.
As a key team member you'll get to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve real, and often unique, technical problems. As an experienced Software Developer you'll be expected to deliver work packages both independently and collaboratively, but always with support when needed. You may also take on the responsibility of mentoring or coaching more junior engineers.
Our work is hugely varied. Project time scales range from a couple of weeks to a few years, and we use a huge variety of technology stacks, so we need versatile and passionate people to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. At HMGCC you'll see how your work can really make a difference.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with a genuine interest in computing and the ability to demonstrate good programming.
We need you to already have the ability to:
• Design, develop and test software in one or more of C, C++, C# or Java
• Develop for one or more of Windows, Linux, macOS or Android
• Understand and intelligently debug both existing and new software
• Deliver modules of substantial software systems unaided
The following are desirable and would strengthen your application:
• The ability to reason about the performance of different data structures and algorithms
• Scripting skills using Python, PowerShell or Bash
• Solid experience of using one or more of the following:
o Visual Studio, developing for Windows
o JetBrains lntelliJ-based IDEs, developing for Linux, Android or the Web
o Xcode, developing for iOS or macOS
• Experience of TDD / Agile / Scrum
• Experience of unit testing, continuous integration and static analysis
• Knowledge of Networking and Communications (e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, Protocol Buffers, application of encryption and compression)
Putting your skills to use
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components whilst working with a variety of customers and design engineers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative, working in your own way, as long as you deliver. We ask that in return you have a willingness to learn and are willing to take on responsibility.
1. Design, develop and document software to the highest standards
2. Verify designs by creating and implementing functional tests and performing code review
3. Provide product support and investigate reported defects
4. Contribute to project planning and meetings.
5. Supervise or mentor less experienced engineers
Firstly, you will need to submit a short application form and complete an online programming test. This will assess your problem solving, debugging and diagnostics skills. If successful, you will be invited to interview.
Interviews are held in two rounds. Your first will be a technical interview; if you are successful at this stage, you will be invited back for an HR and Occupational Psychologist interview.
* Welcome package dependent on experience and personal circumstances, negotiable with Recruitment Team.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.