Digital Forensics Engineer Ref. 473
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Digital Forensics Graduate or Profession with the right motivation to join our growing Digital Forensics teams.
We aspire to be the best place you'll ever work - well invest in your career through technical training, professional accreditation, mentoring and on the job learning in developing your skills and applying them as a Digital Forensics Specialist.
As a key team member you'll get to combine your Digital Forensics skills with planning, designing and executing a range of analysis activities on often unique, technical problems that include a wide range of cutting edge technologies from server to mobile phone systems.
We are looking for talented candidates with a genuine interest in Digital Forensics and technology and a willingness to learn
We need you to already have the ability to:
- A detailed understanding of file systems
- Good analytical and problem-solving skillsA degree level qualification in Digital Forensics or a Computer Engineering I IT related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience using a range of forensic tools such as EnCase, X-Ways and Cellebrite etc.
- Experience of mobile phone or computer investigations
- A degree level qualification in Digital Forensics or a Computer Engineering I IT related discipline, or equivalent experience
The following are desirable and would strengthen your application:
- Experience of malware or network forensic analysis.
- Python Scripting.
- Technical report writing.
- Profession accreditation in digital forensic tools such as EnCase, X-Ways and Cellebrite etc.
Putting Your Skills to Use
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skills and experience to carry out a wide range of Digital Forensics analysis whilst working with a variety of customers and developers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and take ownership of the tasks you are involved, as long as you deliver. We ask in return you have a willingness to learn and take on responsibility for:
- Carry out Digital Forensics analysis on a wider range of technologies
- Accurately and impartially record resultsSupport and maintain the Digital Forensics network
- Provide detailed Digital Forensic reports for a range of customers and developers
- Support and maintain the Digital Forensics network
- Contribute to the early stages of projects on best practice
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit http://www.hmgcc.gov.uk/about-us/
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.