Business Change Manager Ref. 609
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Business Change Manager to join our Business Engagement team within the Service Operations Centre (SOC), providing IT Services and Solutions to Government Departments throughout the UK and worldwide.
The Business Change Manager is responsible for leading, managing and reporting on change activities that support wider business initiatives intended to deliver the anticipated benefits of any endeavour. Responsibilities of the Business Change Manager role include working closely with delivery and technical leads, understanding the intended changes and interpreting these into a tangible plan for the adoption of new processes, products and services. There is a requirement to travel to key sites, primarily in London as required.
We would need you to already have:
• A record of building strong Customer/Supplier relationships
• Experience in defining and implementing policy or procedures
• Proven record of driving forward change
• Ability to work under own initiative
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• ITIL Foundation qualified
• High level understanding of technical infrastructure and how this underpins services
• Willingness to travel
To work as a Business Change Manager, you will be the type of person who:
• Trust others to deliver but share in the responsibility.
• Anticipate risks and make use of effective risk management procedures.
• Take action to stop, slow down or change activity when evaluation shows it is not working.
• Understand the audience, anticipating reactions and preparing a response that addresses concerns.
• Support others in building external collaborative relationships.
• Work with customers to establish clear desired outcomes and expectations.
• Adopt a planned approach to implementing change.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Provide visible and effective leadership; lead business change management activity to deliver benefits and outcomes defined in the business case. Develop clear vision and standards and champion the use of best practice business change management standards, tools and processes.
• Support Business Engagement through the preparation and delivery of business change plans throughout the creation of the business case.
• Lead change activities in line with the plan, negotiating emerging issues, liaising with senior stakeholders to ensure commitment of resources required to successfully deliver the initiative.
• Interpret key indicators that demonstrate readiness for change adoption, working with delivery leads to plan change delivery.
• Working with SOC Product Owners and Business Relationship Managers, own the benefits realisation process feeding information back into the portfolio for consideration of further change activity. Ensure that enabling capabilities, (including but not limited to training or knowledge sharing) are included in plans to support change activity.
• Ensure that stakeholders are identified and appropriate levels of engagement and communication are planned. Build strong networks with internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide clear, timely and appropriate communications to ensure that stakeholders are appropriately informed of change initiatives across the lifecycle of an initiative.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.