Support Services Assistant Ref. 613
HMGCC believes in giving our people the best in facilities, so due to our growth, we are looking to expand our Facilities department by recruiting additional Support Services team members. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to use your skills and experience as our busy Support Services team is central to the efficient running of HMGCC.
Excellent customer service skills are required. You will be dealing with staff at all levels within the organisation, who will be seeking guidance and assistance from this central support function.
As directed, you will provide support for the corporate Services team, enabling HMGCC and its customers to make effective use of central services more efficiently. You will utilise the corporately deployed Service Desk solution to respond to service requests meeting customer demands. You will be adept at working to deadlines in order to meet business requirements.
We would need you to already have:
• Full Driving Licence (max 3 points)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word /Excel/ Outlook)
• Good communication skills
• Experience working in teams
• Manual handling experience
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Warehouse experience
• Forklift Licence or willingness to learn
• Office administration experience
• Experience with computerised stock control systems
• Knowledge of Health and Safety
To work as a Support Services Associate Team Member, you will be the type of person who:
• Likes to work through problems logically and can draw upon your experience to provide appropriate solutions
• Likes to works on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload, adapting to changing demands as they arise
• Has excellent communication skills; you will enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need, providing advice and guidance on a suitable way forward
• Enjoys working in a small but busy team, supporting each other to achieve goals
• Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, even when you are faced with a challenging situation.
• Thrives on change and enjoys working in a busy environment where each day will be different
• Is confident in your ability to do your best, even if under pressure.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Support the administration side of the department including stock control, registry and health and safety
• Undertake physical tasks such as furniture builds/moves and on site deliveries
• Respond to formal service requests and issues arising from the Service Desk tool in a timely manner in accordance with agreed SLAs ensuring good communication/liaison with customers as appropriate
• Respond to customer/stakeholder requirements (face to face, written or verbal) in a customer focussed manner
• Be involved in countrywide driving duties to support the needs of HMGCC
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.