Sheet Metal Engineer Ref. 374
Full-time, part-time and flexible working patterns available
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Prototype Sheet metal engineer to join our growing team in our new manufacturing facility. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and manufacturing equipment producing unique prototype and low volume components.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll get involved in the whole process, from requirements capture to design and fabrication. You'll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components whilst working with a variety of customers and design engineers.
We would need you to already have:
- Sound in depth knowledge of sheet fabrication techniques.
- A recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship or relevant experience
- Experience of using CNC punch presses and/or Press brakes
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
- City and Guilds, ONC or higher qualifications in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Experience with Radan 2d and 3d for sheet.
- A range of additional complementary skills such as, CNC Milling or Turning, Wire EDM, Plastics Prototyping or Precision Machining.
To work as a Prototype Sheet metal engineer you will be the type of person who:
- Has excellent communication skills. You will enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need and how you can help them.
- Enjoys making things and takes pride in what you do.
- Likes to work through problems logically, drawing up on your experience to provide solutions.
- Is comfortable and confident in working on your own innovative, working logically to decide how something is made, and see it through from beginning to end.
- Enjoys working with people with a diverse range of skills, sharing ideas about how to get the results you need.
- Is confident in your ability to do your best, even if under pressure.
- Is pro-active about maintaining and developing your knowledge and skills.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your diverse range of craft skills within the Sheet metal team you will:
- Design and manufacture bespoke high quality components within challenging and demanding timescales, working from either engineering drawings or verbal instructions.
- Work closely with customers and onsite engineers to provide creative manufacturing solutions.
- Work on your own initiative to decide how you are going to make a product, whilst working through all manufacturing stages as required; including the design and manufacture of tooling aids.
- Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with procedures, policies and responsibilities common across HMGCC.
- Be willing to work (paid) overtime when required
- Follows Health and Safety best practice, with a desire to make improvements through Lean and continuous improvement
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
This is a rolling campaign and shortlisting will be undertaken on a regular basis/Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.