Graduate / Junior Software Developer Ref. 420
Full time, part time & flexible working patterns will be considered. Any additional hours worked will be paid or can be taken as time off in Lieu.
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for Graduate / Junior Software Developers to join our growing team.
HMGCC delivers innovative communication systems to support the UK's interests at home and overseas. We deliver a wide range of products from enterprise information systems to custom desktop and mobile applications. To ensure our solutions continue to meet, and even exceed customer expectations, we need bright and enthusiastic graduates to join our development teams.
We aspire to be the best place you'll ever work - we'll invest heavily in your career development through technical training programmes, professional accreditation, mentoring and on-the-job training.
As a key team member you 'll get to design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve real, and often unique, technical problems.
Our work is hugely varied. Project timescales range from a couple of weeks to a few years, and we use a huge variety of technology stacks, so we need versatile and passionate people to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. At HMGCC you'll see how your work can really make a difference.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with a genuine interest in computing and the ability to program.
We need you to already have the ability to:
• Design, develop and test software in one or more of C, C++, C# or Java
• Develop for one or more of Windows, Linux, macOS or Android
• A 2(i) (or greater) Bachelors/Master's degree in relevant discipline
• Practical experience within industrial, commercial or academic sectors
The following are desirable and would strengthen your application:
• The ability to reason about the performance of different data structures and algorithms
• Scripting skills such as Python, PowerShell, Perl or Bash
• Experience of using one or more of the following :
o Visual Studio, developing for Windows
o JetBrains lntelliJ-based IDEs, developing for Linux, Android or the Web
o Xcode, developing for iOS or macOS
• Experience of revision control, continuous integration and static analysis
Putting your skills to use
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components whilst working with a variety of customers and design engineers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative, working in your own way, as long as you deliver. We ask that in return you have a willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
1. Develop and document software to the highest standards
2. Verify designs through testing and code review
3. Provide product support and investigate reported defects
4. Contribute to project planning and meetings
Firstly, you will need to submit a short application form and complete an online programming test. This will assess your problem solving, debugging and diagnostics skills. If successful, you will be invited to interview.
Interviews are held two rounds. Your first will be a technical interview; if you are successful at this stage, you will be invited back for an HR and Occupational Psychologist interview.
* Welcome package dependent on experience and personal circumstances, negotiable with Recruitment Team.