Procurement Administrator Ref. 520
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Procurement Administrator to join our growing team.
What makes HMGCC different is that you will have the opportunity to get involved in sourcing and procuring a diverse range of goods and services. The team purchase some out of the ordinary gadgets as well as ensuring the organisation have the right equipment, services and support to run 'business as usual' effectively.
We are looking for someone who is interesting in learning and developing in this professional field. You will receive guidance and support to help you develop your commercial skills ensuring value for money and compliance to regulatory requirements are always achieved.
We would need you to already have:
• Experience of working in a customer services environment
• Basic Experience using Microsoft Office (including word /excel/ outlook)
• Practical and working knowledge of an office environment
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• NVQ Level 2 (or above) in Supply Chain Management
• Experience of working in the Public Sector
• CIPS study at any level Personal Skills
To work as a Procurement Administrator, you will be the type of person who:
• Enjoys supporting others to meet their needs.
• Strives to understand other people's requests and will ask questions, to fully understand their requirements and concerns.
• Shows flexibility in adapting to different situations as they arise.
• Deals efficiently with customer requests, queries, problems and enjoys delivering the best possible service.
• Always keeps customers informed about progress, and the bigger picture, as appropriate.
• Is able to explain and relay detailed information in a clear and logical way.
• Enjoys planning ahead and managing a busy workload.
• Pays attention to detail and is always conscientious about administration.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Assist the Procurement Officer in delivering a profession Purchasing service to HMGCC
• Provide customer focused procurement service
• Manage new supplier requests, requisitions and purchase orders
• Providing practical advice on HMGCC's purchasing policy and strategy
• Sourcing purchases for internal customers
• Identifying and recording savings across the Purchasing process.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return, we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual, both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.