Support Service Desk Technician Ref. 432
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Support Service Desk Technician to join our growing team, where you will have the opportunity to be creative and work with the latest technology.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in a diverse range of hardware and software products. Our IT Department delivers a range of high quality IT services using best practice, as recommended in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITll).
The Service Desk provides a single point of contact for IT users and other government IT Service Desks across the UK. Part of a growing team, this role provides 1st and 2nd line technical support depending on skill-set. Technicians monitor and record all support activity, using Service Desk software and keep users up to date with progress. Service Desk Technicians are required to work a flexible informal rota ensuring support is available between 08:00 & 17:00 (except Bank Holidays) .
We would need you to already have:
• Experience of customer service, including a clear and courteous telephone manner.
• Experience using MS-Office.
• An understanding and interest in IT.
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Knowledge of ITll best practice
• Experience in call logging
• Experience of working to SlAs or OlAs within a support environment
• Experience in providing IT support
• Prepared to work occasional overtime when required
• Working in an ever-changing environment
To work as a Support Service Desk Technician, you will be the type of person who:
• Is able to plan their own work
• Is able to communicate with people at differing professional levels
• Is able to work well within a team
• Is open to learning and change
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
Provide a single point of contact for IT users and other government IT Service Desks across the UK. You will be part of a growing team that provides 1st and 2nd line technical support depending on skill¬ set. Technicians monitor and record all support activity, using Service Desk software and keep users up to date with progress.
• Deliver a professional and consistent level of service that provides resolutions within agreed deadlines.
• Work in accordance with the service desk and incident management policies, processes, procedures and work instructions.
• Assess, diagnose and, wherever possible, fix or provide a work around to maximise the service desk's contribution to service call resolution.
• Log, prioritise and assign service calls, escalate when appropriate and communicate progress to all relevant parties.
• Record and disseminate accurate and comprehensive information to support 2nd and 3'd line support activity.
• Assist with Service Desk documentation, review and revision.
• Work collaboratively with other Service Desks and support teams.
• Provide regular and ad hoc information required for reporting.
• Perform account administration tasks and system checks.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.