Senior Recruitment Advisor Ref. 450
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Recruitment Advisor to join our internal recruitment team. You would be working with the Recruitment team in delivering an efficient recruitment service across the business. You will be supporting the hiring manager and managing the candidate journey through the entire recruitment process, from point of application to their first day with the business.
As part of your role you will be responsible for building upon business and recruitment strategies to attract the right talent for the right job, exploring and executing a multitude of sourcing channels. You will build strong candidate and customer relationships before and during the selection process.
We would need you to already have:
• Experience of working in a busy internal recruitment environment
• Strong customer service and administration skills
• Experience of carrying out competency based face to face interviews alongside hiring managers
• Knowledge of employment legislation relating to recruitment and selection
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Professional HR/recruitment qualification or willingness to achieve one
To work as a Senior Recruitment Advisor you will be the type of person who:
• Enjoys working in a small but busy team, supporting each other to achieve goals
• Likes to work on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload, adapting to changing demands as they arise
• Has excellent communication skills; you will enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need, providing advice and guidance on a suitable way forward
• Confident in dealing with senior managers and able to influence and drive recruitment decisions
• Is confident in your ability to do your best, even if under pressure
• Likes to work through problems logically, drawing upon your experience to provide appropriate solutions for managers to get the results they need
• Thrives on change and enjoys working in a busy environment where each day could be different
• Wants to go the extra mile to ensure a successful outcome
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Work collaboratively and partner with people at multiple levels and functions
• Assisting with the overall recruitment delivery to ensure HMGCC meets its recruitment targets
• To support the team with more complex recruitment issues as they arise
• Support the Recruitment Manager with external recruitment and selection, from requirements gathering to on-boarding
• Support the Recruitment Manager with reviewing recruitment processes and ensuring candidates receive a smooth and professional service
• Support and advise recruiting managers on the recruitment process, including fit for purpose job descriptions, sifting and interview questions
• Supervise the work of less experienced staff including, improving the quality of their work and supporting their development through mentoring and coaching
• Contribute to the effective application and development of laid down procedures adhering to time scales which enable required day to day activity to be completed
• Liaise with our external advertising and candidate management facility provider, ensuring that they meet the requirements in our SLA
• Monitor progress of candidates throughout the process to ensure efficient levels of service and liaise with successful candidates on a regular basis
• Represent HMGCC at appropriate external events, including recruitment fairs and meetings with OGDs
• Support the business on projects and initiatives in relation to recruitment and wider HR topics when required
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.