Senior Software Developer Ref. 422
Full time, part time & flexible working patterns will be considered. Any additional hours worked will be paid or can be taken as time off in Lieu.
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for Senior Software Developers to join our growing Team.
HMGCC aspires to be the best place you'll ever work - we'll invest heavily in your career development through technical training programmes, professional accreditation, mentoring and on the job training.
You will provide technical expertise and leadership in the design and development of imaginative solutions to unique communications problems. You will be responsible for providing the technical direction and development strategy for your products and take on the responsibility of mentoring or coaching more junior engineers.
Our work is hugely varied. Project timescales range from a couple of weeks to a few years, and we use a huge variety of technology stacks, so we need versatile and passionate people to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. At HMGCC you'll see how your work can really make a difference.
We need you to already have:
• Experience of taking a leading role in a software development team
• Practical knowledge of software engineering (requirements capture, system design, design for test)
• Proficiency in one or more of C, C++, C#, Java or Python
The following are desirable and would strengthen your application:
• Experience in application and/or kernel development for one or more of Windows, Linux, macOS or Android
• Knowledge of Networking and Communications (e.g.TCP/IP, HTTP, Protocol Buffers, application of encryption and compression)
• Experience with e-mail protocols and applications
• Knowledge of data integrity and information assurance
• Experience of mentoring staff in the area of software development
• Degree educated in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
Putting your skills to use
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components whilst working with a variety of customers and design engineers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and work in your own way, as long as you deliver. We ask that in return you have a willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
1. Design, develop and document software to the highest standards.
2. Verify designs by creating and implementing functional tests and performing code review.
3. Provide product support and investigate reported defects.
4. Contribute to project planning and meetings.
5. Supervise or mentor less experienced engineers.
Firstly, you will need to submit a short application form and complete an online programming test. This will assess your problem solving, debugging and diagnostics skills. If successful, you will be invited to interview.
Interviews are held in two rounds. Your first will be a technical interview; if you are successful at this stage, you will be invited back for an HR and Occupational Psychologist interview.
* Welcome package dependent on experience and personal circumstances, negotiable with Recruitment Team.