Production Engineer Ref. 546
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer to join our growing Department in our new manufacturing facility. Here you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and manufacturing equipment.
Working concurrently with our design engineers, manufacturing and planning staff, you will advise on design for manufacture and assembly techniques that affect the efficient and effective manufacture of a product or sub system. Successful candidates will join a diverse team applying a broad range of electronic and mechanical engineering techniques.
We would need you to already have:
• Good problem solving experience, preferably in an electronic and/or mechanical process and manufacturing environment .
• Ability to read and interpret complex electronic and/or mechanical technical drawings.
• Knowledge and experience of Design for Manufacture & Assembly techniques for electro mechanical products.
• A recognised engineering apprenticeship or relevant experience.
• Good computer skills with competency in basic MS office applications.
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Higher electronics or mechanical qualification (HNC/HND or equivalent)
• Coaching and mentoring experience
• CAD experience (MCAD and/or ECAD)
• Experience or understanding of the following areas:
o PCB assembly (auto and/or manual)
o Test (manual and ATE)
o Electronics and/or mechanical design and development
To work as a Production Engineer you will be the type of person who:
• Likes to guide, help and support people and developments, passing on best practice to others.
• Enjoys helping to solve problems with others, especially when you get the chance to be innovative and find different ways of doing things.
• Likes to work on your own initiative with occasional guidance. Being able to plan ahead and manage your workload remaining level headed and confident in your own ability to do your best, even if under pressure.
• Enjoys working through problems by talking to people, and can be a bit of a diplomat when working with others from different areas.
• Enjoys working as part of a team and sharing your ideas to get results.
• Really wants to learn new skills and improve your knowledge to be
the best you can be.
• Enjoys dealing with customers, paying close attention to the detail of
their requests so that you can deal with queries and help to solve their problems
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your diverse range of engineering skills within the Production Engineering Department you will:
• Be passionate about designing for manufacture, assembly and test
• Support product development by helping to advise on physical design and techniques/processes that affect the efficient and effective manufacture of a product or sub system, taking responsibility for design where appropriate.
• Facilitate Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and CAD engineers to produce and develop build documentation, ensuring that consideration is given to:
o Available manufacturing facilities.
o Category (purpose) of build (prototype, pre-production, production)
o Number of products required over the lifecycle
o Lifetime of product
o Manufacturing yield
o Design for manufacture and assembly
o Design for test
• Carry out appropriate levels of verification and peer review of build to documentation.
• Identify manufacturing risks and manage subsequent risk reduction/mitigation strategies.
• Devise appropriate and realistic trials for process optimisation related to product development and also new technology within manufacturing. Prepare briefs and reports accordingly.
• Represent and promote engineering best practice on behalf of HMGCC when liaising with other departments, contractors and customers.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an Organisation and an employer by visiting our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.