Manufacturing ERP System Developer Ref.734
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Flexible working patterns will be considered
Are you an EPICOR pro? Do you want to join an organisation where people like you can work towards supporting the organisation to protect National Security? We need people that think like you do
As the ERP System Developer, you will direct and support all aspects of our EPICOR Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications and reporting. Working within our Advanced Manufacturing Facility you will bring your existing ERP experience to manage the implementation, maintenance and development of the manufacturing ERP system and supporting processes to meet business objectives. Supporting the delivery team, you will provide service through the business covering finance, delivery, resource and scheduling structure and methodology working across manufacturing teams and with central IT services.
You will join a team that has a wide variety of project experience, bringing your own views and ideas to collaborate and help deliver our future operating model. Using your skills and experience to work with portfolio and delivery managers, analysing enterprise business drivers to develop necessary ERP requirements. You’ll monitor the ERP system to ensure the requirements of the users are being met, and proactively engage with business leaders to determine and implement ERP solutions.
Working with central IT and oversee ERP implementation for ongoing support and development as well as taking ownership for reporting and business intelligence methodologies, delivery, and supply chain ERP structures for the manufacturing division. You will identify needs, evaluate solutions, and make recommendations to the management team regarding the development of tools and procedures. You’ll lead on communicating plans, system status’ and concerns in support of development of the ERP system and its use.
More About You
Ability to diagnose system failures working with IT partners.
• Exceptional communication, organisation skills, time management and attention to detail.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with partners and internal stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to deliver information business reporting, analysing and development
• Friendly and personable
• You will identify new ERP delivery strategies to meet business requirements through strong manufacturing awareness.
You will also have one or more of the following: -
• Be proactive with a high level of communication skills and attention to detail.
• Experience of risk and resource management.
• Experience of innovative build and delivery strategies.
• Previous experience working with ERP systems, specifically EPICOR
• Experience of managing ERP migrations, implementation, and management.
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who
• Enjoys working with people with a diverse range of skills, sharing ideas about how to get the results needed.
• Adopts a planned approach to implementing change.
• Works with customers to establish clear desired outcomes and expectations.
• Understands the audience, anticipating reactions and preparing a response that addresses concerns.
• Anticipates risks and makes use of effective risk management procedures.
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you’re asked to work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classic cars or baking, golf or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ+ and/or from an Ethnic Minority. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
• HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident – Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please visit our website.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re right for you, please click here.
Inclusion & Diversity really matters to us. It's not just about numbers or visible differences.
HMGCC are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and those with disabilities or who are neurodiverse.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
Please click the apply button. Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
*if you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.