Service Desk Analyst Ref. 537
This position is for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday on a shift basis.
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Analyst to join our growing team supporting a large number of external customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person who has experience in working with IT or has been part of a Service Desk.
We would need you to already have:
• Excellent communication skills, able to evidence examples of face to face, written and verbal communication styles
• Experience in using a call management/record management system
• Experience using and/or supporting Microsoft applications and the Internet
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to troubleshoot issues
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Qualifications such as ITIL V3,SOl, Microsoft, COMPTIA
• Experience in user administration such as creating and terminating user accounts, applying user permissions
• Experience in creating and maintaining work instructions
• Experience of working to deadlines such as Service Level Agreements
• Ability to think through issues in a logical and methodical manner to find the appropriate solution; know when to escalate an issue
• Ability to plan ahead and manage your workload, paying attention to detail; following process
• Ability to explain information in a clear and logical way; ability to listen and adapt conversations appropriately
• Treat everyone with respect
• Go the extra mile to deliver the best possible service
• Learn from opportunities, including mistakes, highlight areas where improvements can be made
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Deliver a professional and consistent level of service that provides resolutions within agreed deadlines and to customers' satisfaction
• Work in accordance with the Service Desk and Incident Management policies, processes, procedures and work instructions
• Assess, diagnose and, whenever possible, fix or provide a workaround to maximise the Service Desk's contribution to service call resolution
• Log, prioritise and assign service calls to ensure that issues are resolved at the earliest opportunity and with minimum impact to users and their business
• Monitor outstanding service calls, escalate when appropriate and communicate progress to all relevant parties
• Record and disseminate accurate and comprehensive information to support 2nd and 3rd line support activity
• Identify problem trends and opportunities for process improvement
• Assist with Service Desk documentation review and revision
• Work collaboratively with other Service Desks and support teams
• Provide regular and ad hoc information required for reporting
• Perform account administration tasks and system checks
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer, visit our 'about us' page.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.