EMC Test Technician (Associate) Ref. 354
This is a full time role but flexible working patterns will be considered
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join our growing team. Here you will have the opportunity to be creative, working with the latest technology.
We are looking for a person with enthusiasm ideally with some knowledge of electronic and/or mechanical engineering, to work in our EMC & Environmental Test department; developing skills, to provide testing support in our state of the art test facilities assessing product performance. Our projects range from tactical developments where tight timescales apply, to longer term development programs, evaluating a variety of technologies to ensure legislative compliance and fitness for purpose.
You will be working in a team that gives you the opportunity and support to develop your skills and knowledge of a range of electronic disciplines, product verification, standards and technical report writing, enabling you to progress. You will need to demonstrate a flexible approach to meet our key objective of delivery.
We would need you to already have:
• An HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline such as communications/electronics, or relevant experience
• Knowledge of EMC and/or Environmental test methods and equipment
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• An understanding of compliance and CE marking requirements
• Experience of working in a technical service
To work as an EMC Test Engineer you will need to be the type of person who:
• Is naturally curious, wanting to learn how things fit together and questioning unexpected results to help others find solutions showing initiative and self-motivation
• Is able to work to a schedule as part of a team and enjoys seeing tasks through to the end
• Takes pride in going 'the extra mile’, with a willingness to be flexible and patient around
other people's requirements
• Has drive and determination to learn new skills and obtain further qualifications and experience in a test environment
• Is able to follow processes and procedures including Health and Safety
• Enjoys taking personal responsibility for tasks
• Experience of dealing with customers and designers
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Interpret and apply the appropriate standards.
• Ensure that all testing is completed to the appropriate standard and timescales, keeping the laboratory manager informed of any issues or concerns.
• Conduct tests and write reports.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us’ page.
*Actual value of welcome package dependant on individual’s experience, negotiable with the Recruitment Team. If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note short-listing will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.