Software/QA Tester Ref. 429
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for IT professionals or computing hobbyists with the right motivation to join our growing Test and Acceptance teams.
We aspire to be the best place you'll ever work - well invest in your career through technical training, professional accreditation, mentoring and on the job learning in developing your skills and applying them as a software tester.
As a key team member you'll get to combine your skills of IT and computing with planning, designing and executing tests for software solutions that solve real, and often unique, technical problems that include a wide range of cutting edge technologies from server to mobile phone systems.
We are looking for talented candidates with a genuine interest in computing and technology and a willingness to learn
We need you to already have the ability to:
• Install and configure Operating Systems on either Desktop, Server or Mobile platforms
• Install and configure small business or home networks
• Experience using a wide range of applications, including messaging apps and personal security products
• An IT related occupational, professional qualification or equivalent experience
The following are desirable and would strengthen your application:
• Experience of software virtualisation technologies
• Experience with Defect Management tools, such as Jira
• Scripting skills, such as Python, PowerShell, Perl or Bash
• ISTQB/ISEB testing qualification
• Design test cases, create test scripts and identify data to fulfil User or System requirements
• Technical report writing
Putting Your Skills To Use
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skills and experience to carry out a wide range of test activities whilst working with a variety of customers and developers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and take ownership of the tasks you are involved, as long as you deliver. We ask in return you have a willingness to learn and take on responsibility for:
• Identify and design test cases and their associated objectives
• Accurately and impartially record test results
• Provide detailed test reports for a range of customers and developers
• Support and maintain test environments
• Contribute to test planning and project meetings
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
*Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.