Environmental Test Engineer Ref. 614
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for Environmental and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Test Engineers with the right motivation to join our Test team.
We aspire to be the best place you'll ever work - we'll invest in your career through technical training, professional accreditation, mentoring and on the job learning in developing your skills and applying them as an Environmental Test Engineer.
You will be working in a team that gives you the opportunity and support to develop your skills and knowledge of a range of electronic disciplines, product verification and test standards. You will be able to apply your skills to a range of cutting edge technologies that are often unique.
We need you to already have:
• Experience of undertaking Environmental and/or EMC testing
• Experience of programming test equipment/chambers
• An in-depth understanding of Environmental and/or EMC standards
• An understanding of RF principles
• Experience using electronic test equipment
• Experience of accurately recording, interpreting and reporting test results
The following are desirable and would strengthen your application:
• Experience of Mechanical testing and associated standards
• Use of automated EMC test software such as EMC32
• An understanding of Electronic Engineering
• In-depth knowledge of RF principles
• Experience of working with customers
Putting Your Skills to Use
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skills and experience to carry out a wide range of test activities whilst working with a variety of customers and developers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and take ownership of the tasks you are involved in, as long as you deliver. We ask in return you have a willingness to learn and take on responsibility for:
• Advising customers with the Environmental and EMC verification requirements
• Carrying out impartial Environmental and EMC verification of products
• Interpretation and application of appropriate standards
• Impartially report test results
• Write detailed test reports for a range of customers
• Support the maintenance of test facilities
• Undertake test facilities calibration
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.