Project Manager Ref. 675
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday, flexible working patterns will be considered.
Do you want to make a difference in the UK and around the globe? Do you enjoy coordinating teams to successfully deliver projects? Want a better work-life balance?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you’ll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You’ll bring your existing organisational skills to deliver cutting edge systems by collaborating with a team of technical experts. You may not know all of the details yet, but you soon will.
No two projects will be the same, one project could involve you leading the delivery of a new communication system, the next could be supporting the development of a new capability on our existing infrastructure.
You’ll broaden your exposure to Information Technology disciplines in this role, bringing your project management skills to ensure you deliver projects on time and in line with cost and quality targets.
You’ll be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who’ll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications – we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC’s and apply here…
More About You
You’ll already have:
• An understanding of the techniques and best practices of project management as applied in an Information Technology environment
• Experience managing medium to large scale projects with multiple dependencies
• Experience collaborating with colleagues, customers and contractors
To strengthen your application, it would be beneficial if you have one or more of the following (but these are not essential):
• A PRINCE2 qualification or relevant experience
• An Agile Project Management qualification or relevant experience
• An ITIL V3 Foundation qualification or relevant experience
Your Personal Skills
You’ll be the type of person who:
• Enjoys working with people with a diverse range of skills, sharing ideas about how to get the results needed
• Is pro-active about maintaining and developing your knowledge and skills
• Consistently seeks and acts on stakeholder feedback to improve services
• Acts as a role model and encourages others to develop as leaders
• Has excellent communications skills and enjoys talking to others to find out more about what they need and how we can help
• Likes seeing things through to the end. You have the drive and commitment to finish work to a high standard
• Enjoys the challenge of thinking of innovative solutions to hard problems
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise within the Project Management team, you will:
• Be responsible for successful definition, scoping and delivery of projects/tasks
• Lead planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting activities; review progress against identified health indicators to identify areas of concern and where possible improve performance
• Maintain and enhance good stakeholder relations through effective communications; report progress and issues appropriately and effectively so as to avoid surprises; ensure teams work in an efficient and co-ordinated manner; build and maintain team motivation and focus and ensure conflict is effectively managed
• Lead risk management and project assurance activities, successfully managing technical and commercial risks as part of successful delivery; preparation and maintenance of project, quality and risk plans
• Support the project delivery community by identifying improvements to processes and assist in the implementation of these to achieve benefits across all or work
• Remain up to date on development in the project delivery profession
What we offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year)
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that
• Training, this can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you
• A competitive Pension scheme
• On site nursery (subject to availability)
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or BAME or an ally, we provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more and apply by clicking 'apply' below.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.